Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hooray for Gifts by Parcel Post!





We have gotten some wonderful homemade gifts for Enna Grace in the mail lately! Wow she is one blessed little girl. I always am especially humbled by home-made gifts for her. Those not only take intention and follow-through, but also time & talent & effort! First we opened a package from Canada-- it was two absolutely beautiful white sweaters from her Canadian grandma, aka "Grandma B," aka Val's mom Judy... There were 2 cute pants in there, too, but the sweaters were what took my breath away. Then yesterday I got a little package from my old friend Sara: baby Mary Janes!! She hand-knits them and sells them from her online store, Red Owl Designs. [Plug for her: she also makes reusable, reversible coffee cozies and all sorts of other sewn wonders. If you thought I was addicted to projects, you ain't seen nothing yet. And she isn't even pregnant/"nesting"!]


I'm becoming such a fan of knitted items. Between the sweaters, bibs, burp cloths, wash-gloves, and blankets our Princess has received, and now even knit shoes, I've been able to witness firsthand how absorbant, durable, soft (and cute!) knitted stuff is. It just might be time for me to bust my own knitting needles back out... =D

No comments: