Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Blog Ideas

So I've been thinking about how better to utilize this blog... right now it's a mishmash of posts about my child, home-making tips, good quotes, educational information, reviews of books/other media, and my own opinions of Scriptural interpretations, politics, child-rearing, and a whole host of other topics. A reader really has no idea what to expect, and could easily be bored with the discussion of children's literature ("just tell me about your latest trip!") or get sick of photos of my darling daughter and handsome husband ("all right already-why are you boring us with the details of your piddly little life?"). I've got a few ideas about how to format the blog-- either a daily categorical emphasis (ex. "Homemaking on Mondays," "Media Reviews on Wednesdays," "Family Update on Thursday," etc.) or a topical daily emphasis (topics like History, Nutrition, Missions, our Nation) with my own views mixed with articles and/or quotes from others.

What do y'all think? Which should I do?

4 comments:

Jacqui O. said...

Honestly, I like the mishmash. It's exciting to refresh your blog page and wonder to myself what your latest entry will be about. I guess you could go with a Homemaking Mondays, Media Review Wednesdays, etc. theme. However, if you have a really good media review on Thursday, why wait another six days to post it, risking losing some of your memory and enthusiasm?

So I say that if you want to impose more organization on your blog, that's okay, just don't let it restrict you too much. After all, if someone didn't want to read about your "piddly little life," they could skip all those details and move on to your juicy cloth diaper reviews. Although frankly, I don't know how anyone could know you (and read your blog) without loving the WHOLE Christina, especially her chubby-cheeked darling!

Annie Brainard said...

Leave it like it is--it's the nature of blogging!

Ashley Sarratt said...

I agree! You never know what you're gonna get! It's kinda fun. :o)

Jeannette said...

I like your random and spontaneous style...keeps us guessing what will be next. :)