Saturday, September 19, 2009

What Day Will Her Birthday Be?

"My frame was not hidden from You, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in Your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them." Psalm 139:15-16

It's kinda crazy to think that God already knows Éowyn's birthday (took us forever to figure out her name, and He already had that picked out, too, lol).

And then to think that WE will celebrate some unknown-for-now day for the rest of our daughter's life as THE Birthday. Kinda weird to think about.

I think the not knowing is the hardest part for me. It's a day I'm REALLY looking forward to, a day that will change my whole life... and I can't even count down to it! At least with my wedding day, I could. You can even do that with a vacation start day, or back-to-school, or whatever big day you're looking forward to. Not with this one. God is reminding me that HE knows what is best, and that I need to stay concerned with the Big Picture, and not just my personal desires & comfort level.

It's been a full week of difficult nights, with the past 2 being exceptionally hard. I have no idea if any of our efforts to jump-start labor worked (eating at Kashmir- our favorite Indian place- lots of walking), but I DID have contractions all night (even in my sleep-- DON'T WORRY ANNIE I WAS TRYING TO SLEEP =D). Every time I woke up at night, I was still having them, even this morning. They seem to have paused now, between the shower & breakfast... we'll see if they start back up. I was half hoping they'd stop, because they were the painful kind, but I also want her to come, so I was hoping they wouldn't stop, meaning they're finally "the real deal." Not sure how much more of this noncomittal (though painful & tiring) "pre-labor" I can take... I think I'll go clean something... =D

Thanks for keeping updated and for praying! One friend told me she'd been praying all night for me, and I'm guessing that's the only reason I did finally fall asleep last night, and sleep quite soundly despite the ongoing contractions. We'll let ya know if today is D-Day!

--Christina
PS- today is her actual "due date" by my calculations. My midwife's was the 17th.

1 comment:

claudio said...

I know just how you feel about Eowyn's birthday. I felt that same way with Jillie. And now knowing her birthday.... the 18th of August.... the same day as her abuela's.... to think that last year while we were singing happy birthday to Bilma, eating orange mousse cake and empanadas... little did we know that a year later from that very day... we'd have our precious little girl with us!!! TOTALLY unforseen by us.
My bet was yesterday. BUT...I guess I lost. Maybe today?
..... her day WILL COME!....

still praying,
amy