Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sweet to the Believing Heart!

How are you righteous before God? (Question 60)

“Only by true faith in Jesus Christ. Although my conscience accuses me that I have grievously sinned against all God’s commandments, have never kept any of them, and am still inclined to all evil, yet God, without any merit of my own, out of mere grace, imputes to me the perfect satisfaction, righteousness, and holiness of Christ. He grants these to me as if I had never had nor committed any sin, and as if I myself had accomplished all the obedience which Christ has rendered for me, if only I accept this gift with a believing heart.”- The Heidelberg Catechism

2 comments:

ju.vanderw said...

Amen.

ju.vanderw said...

Isn't that amazing? God's grace is unfathomable to me... it's just so much bigger than I can comprehend, yet comprehension isn't a prerequisite! :)