Friday, July 10, 2009

C.A.D.

... Cow Appreciation Day, of course!! :)

Ryan & I have friends who work at Chick-fil-a, and they reminded us of the annual event. If you come dressed like a cow, you get any free meal, and if you come wearing any cow attire, you get free fries or something comperable. Ryan & I were feeling a bit goofy today, so we decided to go for it. One of Ryan's innumerable YMCA shirts got turned inside out, covered in spots and an "Eat Mor Chikin" sign, I whipstiched a quick tail together, threaded a bell from our gift-wrapping-supplies box onto a ribbon for a collar, and cut out some ears from a black scrap I had. Ta-da! Too bad I didn't have any black face paint...


We had so much fun making the costume and then being goofy while at the restaurant. Ryan kept mooing at all the kids and showing them his cool tail. It was a great date! :)


We figure next year I'll make a costume for me & Ryan can re-wear this one, and we'll do something fun for the baby. Happy Cow Appreciation Day!


4 comments:

Ryan Szrama said...

It's worth noting that I intend to wear this outfit before next year's C.A.D. I'm thinking every time I go for Chick-fil-a should be appropriate.

Jeannette said...

Not fair! All the build up about the tail, and no show!

Eowyn's Heir said...

i updated it for ya now!

Jeannette said...

Thanks! I appreciate seeing the whole cow...very cute. ;)