Sunday, January 04, 2009

Pictures from the New Year

Courtney (my 17-year-old sister-in-law) came back with us from Canton, to spend a week here in Louisville! She & I had a goal of watching all the Harry Potter movies (I know, we're quite addicted), as well as pranking Ryan, exploring downtown, walking around outside somewhere, and getting a head start on "Bones," a TV serial about a forensic anthropologist which she & my mom-in-law thought I'd like. I'm happy to say that we did all of the above! :) The last Harry Potter movie was watched on the way to Tennessee (where we met Mom & Nathan and gave Courtney back, quite reluctantly), we walked all the way down 4th Street- including the Brown Hotel and the pedestrian-0nly blocks called "Fourth Street Live"- and drove across the bridges so she could see the City across the water, we (and Ryan) explored a park, and yes, I DID like "Bones," though not as much as N.C.I.S... ;) As for the prank on Ryan... we plead the fifth. ;)

Courtney & I playing around in The Brown's elevator (it was SO cold! we got to use our new winter gear!)
We went to our church's Wednesday Night Prayer service on New Year's Eve, and I was really convicted of a need to plead with God for His intervention to save our children this coming year. That conviction is staying with me. May God do great things in 2009!!
After the prayer service, Courtney, Ryan & I, along with another IBC-er, Jonathan went to the Shuey's for some Wii, "Apples to Apples," and lots of fun. I made cider and we brought eggnog, which we found out the Shueys had never had (except for Dave)! Fun was had by all, and now I think they know how to play "Apples to Apples" correctly. ;) Yes, we are the Rule Nazis, we know... and Ryan was a bit sore from Wii boxing, lol.


On New Year's Day we girls managed to drag Ryan out into the chill (it finally felt like winter) to go hike around Cherokee Park. The park system here is one of my favorite things about living in Louisville! We have lots of history here, Ryan & I ...picnic dates, big conversations, tree-climbing... Anyway, it was a good refreshing walk.

The cover for our new rock album, Spike the Volume.

Lyle came over on New Year's Day, for fajitas, "The Fifth Element," home-made vanilla ice cream (made by the boys), and of course... DDR.

While she was here, Courtney got a crash-course in gluten-free baking/cooking, and she performed admirably. We had a great time, making cinnamon-rolls, pizza, fajitas, stir-fry, Mexican beans & rice, and pancakes. Yumm!!!

Now she's gone, and we miss her! Our house feels empty... it's just us two, after a week of being around family and lots of friends. It's sort of surreal. On the way back from dropping Courtney off, we stopped for dinner in Nashville, TN, where my Aunt Robin & Uncle Duncan entertained Ryan & I with a WONDERFUL dinner. We had fun playing with the kids, as you can see.

A Luke Tower-- Lyke wouldn't sit in my lap, so I sat on him instead... :)

I've got a lot more pictures uploaded on Facebook, so you can enjoy them

1 comment:

Wakenda said...

Did you know that Temperance Brennan is based on the life of an American University graduate? The academic sets were built to spec from AU classrooms. It was really awesome to see the crews filming and gathering info for the show.