Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our Fall

Since photos are worth thousands of words (and so easy these days), I'll try to capture the highlights in several here, and leave you to peruse the remainder at your leisure on Facebook!
There's been a lot of fellowship, mostly through our church (as it should be): The Bluegrass Jam Session on Halloween @ the Moores' (that's me with their cutie, "Little D"); The Harvest Party in Shelby Park the next day; "Family Dinner" at Maison de La Vie (where Ashlea is Mother Superior), then Book Club there the next day(you've read my thoughts on that); church every Sunday and Wednesday, Care Group at our house every other Sunday, and people from church here to eat with us (I LOVE having a whole house in which to entertain!).
There've been a lot of showers: two baby showers in one day! One for Jenny Montgomery, which Amanda B & I hosted here in the morning; then another for my co-worker Sarah Bebee, which Corrie Ann , Suzanne (two other teachers) & I hosted at our school in the afternoon! There's also been Dana (soon-to-be-Wright)'s wedding shower. I was very proud of my first attempt at a diaper cake-- this one was for Baby Girl Bebee. It was such a pleasure to host the showers, firstly because they were each so encouraging, but secondly because I had such wonderful co-hostesses! It was so cool to watch it all come together! (ps- Jenny posted all the pictures from her shower to a Facebook album, to which I'll later post a link).
There've been a lot of kids-- between Alexis' 5th birthday party (at which Ryan was the Fairy Godfather), Jenna C's 2nd birthday party, keeping the Fullerton foursome one night, my job as a pre-school teacher, and teaching Sunday School, we are surrounded by them. We LOVE them and I could totally write a book just quoting all the things they say.
There's been a lot of Ryan & me-- we used a gift card to PF Chang's for our monthiversary (it was the PERFECT amount!), and have cuddled up many an evening with CS Lewis' Perelandra, or a movie... I can't bring myself to watch the next episode of "NCIS: Season 2" because I know my favorite character will die in it, and I just can't handle it. Once we get past that, we'll keep going. :)
And, let's just be honest... there's been a lot of Jenny & Amanda (their babies in tow, lol). Pretty much every week we all (or just two of us) get together to drink coffee, talk, scrapbook or plan events together. Oh you know you wish you were a fly on the wall!! ;) Praise the Lord for such sisters and friends!!

No comments: