Thursday, June 12, 2008

Things You Probably Won't See Anywhere Else

Welcome to Top Porch, home of the SzramaClan Lousiville.
First off, you might never have seen a Top Porch before... but let's say you brave that and come on' in, first I present to you:
The Living Room (better titled "The Sittin' Room")

Yes, I know there's not much room to actually sit, but that's only because there are so many seats crowded in there! I mean, we've got 2 desk chairs, a rocking chair, a dining room chair (that won't fit in the kitchen), a couch, a recliner, a loveseat and an ottoman... not to mention all the blankets and pillows currently stored there as well!

Next as you continue through our shotgun house is

The Dining Room (or rather, the Mattress Room)

So far, the home of 2 full mattress-box spring sets, a futon (upside down) and a bed frame, which is being kept for our friend Rob Smythe. Oh yeah, and our bed in the corner. :)

Last, but not least, The Kitchen (mercifully, it really is a working orderly kitchen... although at the moment it's also our only dining space, laundry room, and painting tool/bike storage space...)

heheh, that's fennel. I was lacking a "cool, dark, dry" place to hang it to properly dry, so I strung it up to the chandelier (which i hate anyway), using some wedding-gift tulle, and covered it with a paper bag that has since fallen off. The fennel dried just right, thank you, and now is crushed and stored in my spice cabinet. Next time I think I'll use a dehydrator... sorta forgot that's what they're FOR...

Well, live and love...and LAUGH, right? This is all temporary, and by July 5th, will be a past we tell our kids about (in a few years, of course). In the meantime, we jump around the clutter, I try to vacuum and dust as well as I can, and we fill our kitchen with as many yummy smells as we can, and people to laugh and eat with us.

--Chrisitna

No comments: