Friday, March 30, 2007

Congratulations!!

Once again, I get to follow my friend Ashley in doing something, this time in congratulating a beloved sister on her engagement to a God-seeking man-- :)

Congratulations, Ashley and Craig!!

This is a quote the very same girl gave me years and years ago:
"Grace is glory begun, the earnest and assurance of glory." --Matthew Henry

I- and so many others with me- rejoice with you at this new grace poured out on you both. Such a sweet romance is indeed an echo of Heaven, when we will be with our Pursuer and Bridegroom forever, and the marriage feast will begin! I love you, Ashley, and can't wait to give you hug and tell you so.

Craig, you're a living example of the truth in God's word, that "good things come to those who patiently wait"!! I'm so thrilled for you! Jesus must really love you! I love that I love both of you; so it's like I'm twice as happy, because TWO of my friends are getting wonderful gifts; a godly spouse who will be grace upon grace to them. It's what I've prayed for for you both. :)
--Christina

2 comments:

Ashley Sarratt said...

I love you, Christina! Thank you for your sweet words. I'm so glad we get to enjoy this journey of engagement together :o)

Jacquita Banana said...

So I know that this is completely unrelated to your post, but...I was taken to Greenville Memorial Hospital today because of heart palpitations/rapid heart rate, and I was sad that my favorite chaplain intern was not there. To make a long and complicated story short, I'm going to be fine, so don't worry. To cheer myself up, I even had some of our lovely cookies with vanilla ice cream...yummy!

I hope that you're having fun in KY and I'll be sure to tell you all about my fun times in the ER when you get back. While I'm at it, even though I don't know who you are, happy engagement, Ashley and Craig!