Wednesday, July 22, 2009

31 Weeks (almost 32)

One of my friends does these weekly online surveys about her pregnancy. I don't feel an urge to
do THAT, but since I wasn't sure what else to post I thought I'd give it a try. :) I know it would make sense for me to do this AFTER my visit Friday when I know how much I've gained, etc., but oh well.

How far along? 32 weeks tomorrow
Total weight gain/loss: ... from my pre-pregnancy weight, I think about 16 lbs. From the lowest I went during the first trimester, about 21.
Maternity clothes? Exclusively, with the exception of my PJs and a few Med T-shirts (I usually wear S t-shirts...and I just let my belly be exposed in my pyjamas b/c they're so comfy!). I even outgrew one pair of my shorts (they started giving me major wedgies... didn't you want to know that?).
Stretch marks? I think maybe one or two... but I sure hope not!
Sleep: God's preparing me for the 3 mid-night nursing sessions, I think. I slept all the way through the night last night, though, to my delight & shock. I woke up ravenous, dehydrated & with a pounding headache, but it was worth it!
Best moment this week: pregnancy wise? hmmm... I love the lazy mornings when Ryan & I wake up slowly, and he rolls over and puts his hand on my belly so we can both feel Baby Girl waking up. Sometimes we play "chase" with her, we always talk to her and poke her back. OH!! Last Saturday she had the hiccups during one of our morning still-in-bed-lazy-times, and it was so cute! Ryan got to feel her and we both could see her hit my belly with every hiccup...
Movement: Every day, all the time, it seems. Especially when I sit or lean or lay with something against my back. And she's definitely more crowded in there, frequently pushing out HARD with entire limbs or her head... ouch!
Food cravings: nothing really... just lots of food in general. :) I sure am enjoying cherries, though!
Gender: still the same, duh. She's our little girl.
Labor Signs: she's steadily dropping lower (ouch) and I had Braxton Hicks contractions (I think) once while in my Aqua Aerobics class last week
Belly Button in or out? In. But really stretching out. If I just barely push around it, it pops out.
What I miss: being able to sit or stand comfortably for long periods of time
What I am looking forward to: having her room & things ready for her... slowly but surely we're getting there. That and meeting her -- I can't wait to figure out which body parts I've been feeling!
Weekly Wisdom: ENJOY every thing and give thanks to the Father of all Kindnesses. It all goes by so fast, and things will never be the same.
Milestones: I passed the 3-hour oral glucose tolerance test. I do NOT have diabetes, woohoo. Finally looking pregnant to strangers. Now I can joke in Kroger with people in front of me about it... yes, I've done that. Also, two women told me I looked really big. Which is unusual for me to hear!

No comments: