Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sweet Bride & Cute Fullertons



Today was our friends' Lynn & Jay's wedding. It was a morning wedding with a lunch reception... we're always looking for something to distinguish "this wedding" from other weddings, right? Well, this one had three distinctives, I thought:
- the sweetness of the bride. Some brides look happy, some are nervous, some are overcome with emotion... Lynn radiated sweetness. It suited her perfectly.
-- the consideration of their guests. Lynn & Jay are known by all to be servants of servants (Ryan referred to their "particular holiness" in their wedding sermon, and right he was!), and their reception especially showed this-- a kids' area with coloring books for the littlest guests, a kids' buffet that opened immediately, drink stations all around the room, and hors d'hoeuvres served while pictures were being taken.
-- the food. Jay is a chef (as well as a nurse), and the food showed it! I ate all the cream parts of the tiramisu, and my Ryan & Christy Fullerton agreed that the chocolate fondant cake was among the best they'd ever had!

I love every chance I get to hug on my little friend Jordana!

It was the first wedding Ryan & I have attended as Mr & Mrs Szrama ourselves. I was quite emotional about it, crying because I remembered all the joy & anticipation Lynn must have felt, all the expectations; because I shared their joy more fully, having experienced it myself so recently; because I saw the good faithful care of God and it was sweet to me; because I heard vows quite familiar, and realized how short I've fallen in 6 weeks, and was convicted and repentant, and finally because I know the disappointments that come so soon in marriage, and how much I'm prone to be willing to settle for less than what God offers.

This video of James Fullerton asking for "more" (watch the hands for the CLEAR insistant sign language) cake is adorably pitiful. Definitely inherited his mother's eyes and his father's singularly expressive face...



And the newest Fullerton, Christopher, looks like a very meatless version of his brother, Luke. Ryan (the proud papa) says "we've had the same baby four times now"... even though you may not be able to tell from this picture.

4 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

Such a wonderful wedding celebration...as you were moved as a newlywed, I was moved at the reality that I have THIS to look forward to!!!!

GloryandGrace said...

Do you mind if I put a couple of your pics on my blog entry? No worries, I'll give full credit where credit is due :) Since I was placed where I was in the ceremony, I didn't even THINK about bringing my camera, silly me...

Eowyn's Heir said...

of course not! Post any you like! :)

Eowyn's Heir said...

and i'll even email you the originals if you want to have them...