Wednesday, May 02, 2007

So Quickly Moving...

From an email conversation regarding the paradoxical, strangeness of feelings that accompanies the end of one's "Senior Year:"

End-of-term is sure comin' up fast! I can't believe I'm about to cross off 'May 2' on my school calandar. Today I have exactly three more weeks here! (and only 16 more days until I get to see my Ryan! =D) I feel like things are progressing so fast that I don't have time to feel strange about being one of 'The Seniors.' I'm just taking it one step at a time, and I know those steps will land me outside the familiar world of Furman, with a new strange title of "alumna." But I don't have time to really think about it, because the next step is coming so fast!!

I'll be so glad to be done with school, to be done with being responsible FOR school (aka student teaching)... and most of all, to be able to take time to enjoy where I am before I'm gone. Nicole got home yesterday -- her freshman year is over! Anna's senior year will be ending at the end of June, and I want to enjoy them both, while we're all together. But so much is happening! My kids sing their closing concert Friday night, and we compete in Carowinds' Choral Competition Saturday. Anna's giving a senior recital soon...Mom & Dad are hosting a Graduation Drop-in for the both of us... End of May also means big party with lots of family comin' in, and Ryan!!!

About that- please pray for me: the distance and prolonged separation wears on me... I'm glad, though, that I have someone so wonderful to miss! :)

No comments: