Thursday, June 18, 2009

Strawberries!!!

My first attempt at picking strawberries was with IBC's "Mothers & Others Playgroup." We went to Hubers Orchard & Winery (in Starlight, IN)... but got rained out. I did get this super-cute pic of Morgan & Casey, though.
Casey's son, Lincoln, chilled in Bonnie's car w/ Bonnie, me & Lydia while his mother galivanted around in the rain. We did eventually all brave the rain and run into the store. The strawberries smelled SO GOOD I had to buy some. :)

Strawberry-Picking Attempt #2: with the Brainards to Joe Hubers Farm, also in Starlight, IN. The bonus was that Ryan got to come this time!

Amanda has perfected the feed-the-baby-anywhere routine.

We had a blast picking the berries, and then when we got them home and let them "rest" for a day, they tasted even better! We've enjoyed lots of strawberries-and-cream, and then for care group I made a GF strawberry-blueberry crumble that was very yummy. (I was a bit worried about it because I was totally out of oil & barely had any butter left... so in went applesauce and orange juice... and it tasted quite good!)

More pictures here!

No comments: