Friday, July 18, 2008

11 Things I Love About You

Happy 11 Monthiversary to me & to Ryan!! :)
A year ago we were in full wedding-planning mode, and I couldn't believe I only had one more month to go until the Big Day!! WOW!! Then, I knew my fiance loved me, and I knew that I loved him, and we'd already been shown God's grace and mercy through each other... but how much more now! To the praise of the Spirit at work in my husband, I can say that I KNOW he loves me, and that I've seen more grace & kindness from him in 11 months than probably anyone else in my entire life (except my parents, who've known me a bit longer ;D). Scripture tells us to "outdo one another in showing honor" (Rom 12:10), so in that spirit I set forth 11 things I love and want to honor about my husband:

1. his understanding of the Gospel-- it makes him very forgiving, and helps me to cling to and believe in immediate forgiveness from God
2. his resolution to repent immediately of sin
3. his patience with me-- someone once said of Ryan "he can't be anything BUT gentle" -- and I agree
4. his refusal to return "tit for tat" even when I provoke him
5. his tenderness towards me... he's always willing to stroke my head at night, which is the one thing that makes me relax & feel right with the world in about 5 seconds
6. his habit of loving the friendless-- once his mom told me "Ryan made friends based on who didn't have any"...and once again that is so often true. Ryan can enjoy himself with just about anyone, which leaves him free to befriend even the least promising of companions.
7. his tenacious belief in the Spirit's power to transform-- himself, me, and anyone!
8. his dedication to Biblical Leadership in our home. It makes my job of submission about 200 times easier
9. his commitment to me, even to delighting in me
10. his desire to use ALL his gifts in service of our Master-- speaking ability, intellect, capacity to learn, the list goes on & on (he is very talented)... except for video-gaming-- not sure how that can be Redeemed ;)
11. his integrity-- this extends to work, church, and anywhere else I can think of
Ryan Daniel Szrama, I love you, and I am thankful that I get to have the privelege of being your wife. God was showing unmerited kindness to me YET AGAIN when He led me to you and led you to love me... while we are both young, no less!!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise Him, all creatures here below; praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts! Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! AMEN.

1 comment:

Amy Donell Molina said...

well done, christina.
well done.