Friday, May 04, 2007

They're Here!!

A large box awaited me on my return from school yesterday afternoon. One look at the return address and I knew exactly what it contained: invitations. 350 of them. To my wedding.

Talk about a milestone!

I sat down at the table, hesitant to open the box. What if I didn't like them? What if they turned out horrible in the printing? What if there was some mistake. What if Mom hated them? What if... what if... "Mom, I'm a little scared to open these," I said as I put knife to tape. In a strange role-reversal, she said "Just do it!" And there they were within: my name, Ryan's name, our date, our faces... waiting in all their glossy, correctly lettered beauty. :)

"Mom, this is my wedding invitation! ...Oh dear, I better not cry!" She gave me a questioning look. "No it's not that I don't like them- I love them! ...Mom, this is really happening. These are real. People are going to get these and really come to a real wedding-- and it's not for someone else this time! ...This just makes it all seem real...."

Yay!! I'm getting married! :)

4 comments:

Kristin Cunningham said...

I am oh so excited for you!!! I'm sure your invitations are amazing!!! I can't wait to see it! I hope everything is going great for you! Call me, we need to get together before all this wedding stuff gets too crazy! Love you sweetie!!!

Ashley Sarratt said...

Let me know if I can help you do anything wedding-related soon ... Monday I will be free from a 30 page research paper, and I'd love to do something fun!

Eowyn's Heir said...

Thanks to both of you!! :) I WILL need help with addressing all these lovely things, in the near future. :) AND Kristin, we've got to schedule a walk-through with the caterer to figure out how we want them to set up the Parlors for the reception! :)

Amy Donell Molina said...

wow! isn't it incredible!!!!
well... We're looking at October. We've resigned ourselves to providence. I'm thinking that it's a pretty wise decision...we were just resisting it for a while hopeing for something different. BUT... October, Rachel, Aaron, Caleb AND Phoebe will be able to be there, we have more time to save money, and so do our parents and friends and family. SO... it's almost decided... October 4th... it's a Thursday. ;) weird I know...but when did I ever do anything "right" or "normal" in this life? I was born backwards... and I do everything else backwards... and Clau seems to be a bit that way too! :)
well.... so what will be going on in those 10 days when I get in?
what will be left to do?
I'm assuming you got material and a pattern to my dad right??? i hope so... well girly... i'm gonna let you go. love you lots... and excited to see those invitations!