Friday, October 06, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me...

My parents got Anna out of school and met me for Thai food at Lemongrass downtown on Friday, Sept. 29th, to celebrate my birthday! (I had to work all day on my actual birthday, the 28th). Anna & I had spring rolls for lunch, because we were saving up for dessert!! I was so sad they didn't have sweet sticky rice with coconut ice-cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce, which Katie (Lewis) and I discovered to be delactable at ThaiCoon last time we went there. So...at Anna's suggestion, we walked next door to the Marble Slab-- I got coconut ice cream, and it was soooo good.













Me and my "suitemate" =D
My gift from my parents was that string of "Singers' Pearls"-- my choir, Singers, doesn't allow girls to wear any jewelry during performances, except a string of pearls if we want to. So I asked for "Singers Pearls" for this year...and my sweet parents gave me beautiful ones. I wore them the other day, and they were perfect.

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Belated happy birthday, Christina! Great pictures of your family. We'll be making a belated and brief trip to Louisville in a couple weeks to deliver Ashlea's birthday gift(it's too big to mail) and to check out her new nose jewelry(?). :)

GloryandGrace said...

Christina~
I had no idea you kept up with a blog so frequently! This is Jennifer; I was in the Marshall's Care Group with you while you were here in Louisville this summer. I was just going through the Immanuel Blogring, browsed a few blogs, and came across yours somehow! I've continued praying in regard to the request you mentioned before heading back to school; for this semester that you're at Furman, walking the halls, interacting with people, before heading overseas to study. As I said, I'm glad to know you keep up with a blog as I'm often on here during the day at work seeing if I can catch up with people or simply read something that provides even a small glimpse into their hearts/thoughts.
Grace and peace to you~
GloryandGrace (Jennifer