Thursday, February 04, 2010

Senate Bill 38

my friend Emily posted this information on her blog this morning, thankfully!! I somehow missed that today was the last day to call! I just did and it only took about 5 minutes. I watched the video below during church on Sunday with my daughter in my arms. It made me cry; the though that 1/5th of children her age never make it into the sunlight, that they are murdered by people who care more about their own lives than their child's... The thought of anyone doing to my daughter what thousands of parents daily do to their own children, born or unborn, turns my stomach and my heart to tears. The Bible says that our God daily bears indignity-- that it's just His mercy keeping Him from wiping us all off this planet. Abortion, and murder of every sort, must be one of the most horrific things He bears with. Please, fight to end this in our nation! Fight for LIFE, either by adoption, by prayer, by protest, by crisis counseling, by foster parenting, by political advocaLinkcy... any way you can. And please, those of you in Kentucky, do support this bill.

Many of you may not know that TODAY is the last day to call your state representative and tell them that you want Senate Bill 38 - "The Ultrasound Bill" to pass. It's a bill that will require abortionists to show the mother an ultrasound before their abortion. We know that at least 25% of women will not go through with their abortion after seeing an ultrasound.

The phone number to call is 1-800-372-7181 (7am-11pm EST). It only takes a few minutes to call!

Along the same lines, a dear friend of ours from Louisville recently put together this video for our former church about the importance of fighting for life. If you have a few extra minutes to watch, please do, and prayerfully consider how the Lord is calling you to fight for life.

Popout

Abortion: A Matter of Life or Death from Casey Cashell on Vimeo.

No comments: